Saturday, November 16, 2013

Liebster award Nominations and Questions

What is this Leibster Award, Am I worthy of it. Well don't answer that question for I wouldn't like it. It was just another Saturday evening and everything is set as per the specifications, suddenly I got a message from my brother saying that I was nominated for this award Boom my schedule has to be altered for something better (Thank you Bro).For one thing I would like to congratulate and appreciate my brother not for nominating me but just for being nominated by an anonymous person.I personally feel inspired by my brother Mr Sarma Veturi( although he wouldn't apprise it) I have written numerous discarded testimonials for his success hence this wasn't an exception. As far as this award is concerned what is the greatest appreciation that a blogger or writer expects from anyone? For that reason is writing about appreciation or expression? This unanswerable question remains to be a mystery to everyone who has the ability to read enthusiasm to write and comprehend in any language. 

Frankly Speaking although I write vigorously in by blog there are a few number of blogs that i read regularly not since I was busy doing anything but I couldn't find where to follow and whom to follow. Hence my nominations here would be uncertain in the aspect of worthiness, but I can assure one thing to everyone that I feel a sense of respect for those who are gifted with the capability of emoting through writings. This may come as a surprise but answering, posing questions about his/her life is considered as a  greatest virtue  by any writer and kudos to the originator of this idea through the Leibster( No I don't know what Leibster Means) award. To avoid frustration in choosing the nominations I came up with an idea which goes like this starting from the one that nominated me in the first place I would be nominating the ones from each successive blogger. Congratulations to all these bloggers for being listed here. You deserve it. Now comes the time of Rapid Fire Round. Shoot



      1.    Which character from any work of fiction you can identify yourself the most with?


This is my favorite question and I would be very happy while answering it. From my childhood I was a great fan of the fictitious character Spiderman. The one that was adapted by Sam Raimi suits me the best. Although it seems a bit childish I always wanted to be a  sensible superhero like Spiderman and save the world from all bad deeds. In this context I remember a scene from my childhood where I asked my aunt to give me the Spider Man costume if anyone gifts her on her wedding. Everybody laughed at such an instance and at that point I couldn’t understand why.

Often I feel like crying while looking at the sensibilities and naiveties of Peter parker (Thanks to the honest portrayal of Toby McGuire) in winning his lady love. The saddest part is that being a superhero he never gets what he requires most starting from a glass of drink. Now that is too modest for a man like him. Holding the responsibility and doing the things that are supposed to be right in spite of being trapped by venom that arises from the inner self is the greatest challenge any person would encounter. Spider-man does this. And he is my superhero. I can identify myself with him.


       2.   What is your favorite movie and why?

     There are a lot of favorite movies in variety of languages for me but films from my mother tongue telugu are all time favorites. A couple of films among them are Abhilasha and Gangleader. Reason is quite simple I like the genres Thriller, Action Very much. If you need quite more complex reasons and films I will start lecturing on 12 Angry men. :D 

      3. What is your reading frequency?

     A Book per a Month and sometimes the count will increase exponentially depending upon the season. 

   
     4. What is the greatest challenge you face in writing? 

    The greatest challenge is to overcome laziness and write. I hardly experience Writers block 

     5. What makes you a read a book? It’s Blurb? Review from a person you like? Cover    Page? Author’s Previous Works?

     Some of the above factors seems to be little effective on a person like me since I read a book because I love reading. But sometimes I happen to pick up the books that are read by characters in a Movie, Television series, Plays etc. The best example is “Of Mice and Men” this was read by the character James Sawyer Ford in TV Series LOST.

      6. What are your reading patterns?

     I am not sure whether or not that I understand this question. But if I may guess it’s regarding postures I love reading in the chair on the top of a building.

     7.How do you fight Bloggers Block?

     I write whatever comes to my mind at that moment and simply put open to suggestions and improvisations in the end of my post.
      
     8. Do you think setting yourself target works in writing?

     Speaking of the end results it should work. Productivity can be achieved through constant practice and targets make us active. If you take too much time to write considering the outcome meditation is better than writing. If writing is a form of expression targets are orientations towards expression.
    
      9. How important do you think grammar is in writing? Especially in English?

      That depends on what you are aspiring for. When you want to narrate a story grammar plays little role and errors that creep out can be overlooked. 
   
     10. What time of the day is the most conducive for you to right?

     Early in the morning 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM


 Here are my nominations. Once again congratulations to all of you. Although I don’t personally know some of you I wish you all success in your future writings.


       1.    Veturi Sarma:     http://veturisarma.blogspot.in/
       2.    Smita:   http://books-life-n-more.blogspot.in/
       3.    Jeyna Grace :      http://jeynagrace.wordpress.com/
       4.    Prathyusha :      http://prathyuandhertrystwithfood.blogspot.in/
       5.    Sreesha :      http://petrichorandclouds.blogspot.in/
       6.    Saumya :     http://saumyananduru.blogspot.in/
       7.    Adish :      http://www.aadisht.net/blog/
       8.    Krishna :     http://crawls.blogspot.in/
       9.    Ankita:     http://rubinishetty.blogspot.in/
      10. Arun Kumar:    http://movieretrospect.blogspot.in/
     
        Now it’s time to question my nominees.

    1.   Who is your God Father?
    2.  What/Who is your inspiration in writing?
    3.   Do you like sensibility?
    4.   Have you ever kissed anyone? How does it feel?
    5. What do you want to do? Follow? Lead? Play your part?
    6.   Are you an open book? Is there any secret about you that no one other than you knows?
    7.   Do you believe in voluntary actions or forceful actions?
    8.    Who according to you is noble?
    9.    Who is your favorite fictitious character and why?
    10.  In whose presence do you feel most comfortable?
   
     Happy reading, writing ladies and gentlemen. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Anand! Here's my post: http://petrichorandclouds.blogspot.in/2013/11/oh-that-liebster-moment-sequel.html